Summer is slowly but surely approaching us which means suntans, sun and sand. My summer this year is going to be really good (I hope)...(If everything goes to plan!). I have my friends theatre performances to watch, holidays and my birthday as well as 1001 other birthday's I have to remember!
My favourite part of summer for me is defiantly heading back to Menorca! Every year me and my family take the two and a half hour plane journey to the little island amongst the popular countries of Mallorca and Ibiza and every year we come home with tons more clothes, a really good suntan and some very funny memories. We stay in a little house that is tucked away, close to the beach and close to the ice cream parlour (always good when walking down to the beach).
The past 2 years we've had quite an experience with getting to Menorca but looking back they are quite funny. Back in 2012 we were on our way and flying over France until we heard the pilot say 'I'm sorry to be saying this but we're going to be heading back as the autopilot isn't fully working' So we flew back to the airport but had to circle around for an hour to burn some fuel so by this time we'd been in the air for 3 hours. We eventually landed however couldn't get off the plane as there was nowhere for us to go it was also lashing rain outside so opening the door was a no no. After an hour and a half (4 and a half hours after first taking off) we got transferred to another plane which took about another hour but then back we went. Eventually after a round total of 8 hours in a fairly small confined space we arrived. Then last year we got there fine and in one piece however coming home it was extremely hot in the airport and we got delayed nearly 3 hours due to the fact that the suitcases from the previous flight wouldn't come out as some compartment had broke so we had to wait for another plane to fly in but by the time that it had flew in all the suitcases were out! I will cross every finger on my hand and all my toes that everything is sweet and dandy this year with no problems or delays!
In 6 weeks I'll be enjoying these views all over again!
...and the best thing I'll be straight off to the shop to buy some more of these!
Hopefully you've enjoyed the first part to this. I'm not going to be consecutively putting up my plans for summer I'll try and mix posts up.
What plans do you have for the summer?

No comments:
Post a Comment